- Home »
- Green Coatings
Think Green Coatings & Environmentally Friendly Paint
It seems like “green” is the new black. Everywhere you turn, you hear about “green” technologies being the wave of the future. Jamestown Coating Technologies has been on the forefront of green coatings development and environmentally friendly paint long before it was fashionable. We recognized that “going green” was not only environmentally responsible, but also a smart business strategy for many of our customers.
Since the 1960s, Jamestown has been formulating environmentally friendly coatings that help manufacturers reduce their volatile organic compounds (VOC), reduce their hazardous air pollutants (HAPS), improve the air quality in their plants and significantly reduce their waste. The Governor of Pennsylvania has even recognized Jamestown with a Pollution Prevention Award.
Here are a few ways that we’re doing our part to make manufacturing safer, cleaner and sustainable:
- Developing heat seal coatings for use on biodegradable plastics
- Helping customers replace solvent based coatings with HAPS-free and low VOC technologies
- Implementing recycling programs that reuse, instead of dispose, coating overspray
- Introducing coatings that cure at lower temperatures or with ultraviolet light, saving natural gas and electricity consumption
- Producing high performance green coatings that extend the serviceable life of the products they cover, including anti microbial coating as well as anti microbial paint
To learn about the specific ways Jamestown can help your company “go green" and take advantage of green coatings and environmentally friendly paint, please contact us through the form below.